In February 2014, together with Concerto Marketing, Phantom Screens conducted a North American consumer survey to find out what homeownersâ€™ preferences are when modernizing or upgrading their homes. The results reveal that an overwhelming majority see value in smartening up their outdoor living spaces, and choosing quality over price when buying home improvement products.
Listing the kitchen area and the living room as parts of the home that homeowners felt most proud of, 7 in 10 participants agreed that the way their homes look is extremely important.
The Phantom Screens survey also looked at the leading sources of inspiration and ideas for home improvement. Forty-five percent said they turned to home design and dĂ©cor magazines, while 39 percent sought inspiration from the internet. Other findings were as follows:
- 4 in 5 homeowners choose the best quality items they can afford.
- The 3 most common and important amenities and features in the home are the outdoor patio and deck, the garage, and backyard with garden and lawn, respectively.
- The kitchen area and living room were identified as parts of the home that homeowners said they took the most pride in.
- The 2 most important reasons for remodeling or renovating are to upgrade and modernize the home by adding better quality materials.
- 2 in 3 homeowners have remodeled or renovated their homes in the last few years. The average spend on these projects was between $15,000 and $20,000.
If youâ€™d like more information about Phantom Screens, contact us at Retracta Screen of the Carolinas, Inc.