There are many important considerations in awning installation, and knowing a few important things before work begins is essential to the success of the project and the safety and value of your home.
- First, decide if a manual or automatic awning is right for you, and choose the model accordingly.
- Second, choose durable models using extruded steel.
- Third, make sure there is enough space on the exterior wall, awning, or roof to mount the awning. Donâ€™t forget that awnings generally angle downward, and youâ€™ll need to take this into account. Youâ€™ll also want to watch for external lights or other obstructions that could complicate installation.
- Fourth, know your budget. While the benefits of an awning will help it pay for itself over time, donâ€™t go over what you can reasonably pay for now.
- Fifth, consider your locale when choosing UV and fire resistance. This is especially important because UV exposure over time can break down awning fabric or patio furniture underneath. The cost of a UV resistant fabric will pay for itself in long-term preservation of your patio furniture and other objects.
Lastly, entrust your awning installation to our professionals at Retracta Screen of the Carolinas, Inc. We have years of experience helping clients in Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, Columbia, Camden, Sumter, Aiken, and Florence, with a wide variety of options guaranteed to meet your needs.
Weâ€™re proud to carry products by well-known and trusted manufacturers like Centor, Stoett, and Retracta. For all of your custom shading and retractable solutions, including awnings and awning installation, window and door screens, patio shades, and other custom screening solutions, let us help you today!